Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Perfect Summer Sandals

This blog entry is a little late in the season, however we all know that summers in Austin, TX last at least until the ACL Music festival in October! I’m hoping to replace my ‘DiloDirt-resistant Hunter boots with some super cute, strappy Kenneth Cole sandals this year.

As opposed to high heels, sandals are a little easier for small feet to find at your local retail stores. I still prefer to shop online because there are soooo many more options. Nordstrom (kids) and Zappos are my 2 fav online sites for cute sandals. They both carry all the fabulous designer brands…but since we’re buying kids shoes, they come with half the price tag!! This is probably the only upside to wearing kids shoes…Oh, and they double as key chain accessories. ;) Target is another great place to get cute sandals. I always seem to find what I’m looking for, even during spur of the moment shopping. However, Target’s girl shoes tend to be a little too sparkly and Velcro-y for me.

It seems that platforms and wedges are still a popular and trendy choice this season, only now going in the opposite direction. We’ve definitely seen more flats than ever before this season. The strappy trend of last summer that was inspired by the gladiator sandal is still kicking around. In fact, we all thought “the gladiator” trend was a one-season trend, but just like the skinny jean, this trend may be here to stay for seasons to come.
 
I found some cute gladiator sandals at Nordstrom:
 
'KS Jada Lea' Sandal (Little Kid & Big Kid) – Nordstrom $39.95
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
Steve Madden 'Biscuit' Sandal (Little Kid & Big Kid) - Nordstrom $39.95





And from Target:  

Girls' Xhilaration® Necole Beaded Gladiator Sandals – Target $16.99 (I purchased these little guys!)





To contrast that overly strappy trend, we’ve also seen sleek, pared down sandals with little in the way of embellishments.



A Line 12-2007 (Youth) – Zappos $78.50







Pazitos Sailor (Toddler/Youth) – Zappos $52.50









Girls' Xhilaration® Gemelle Thong Sandals - Black Patent – Target $9.99 (are you kidding me?!?!)







**LADIES!! If you think you have the CUTEST Summer Sandals, please let me know and I will be sure to give you props on my blog! Better yet, take a picture and I’ll post it! Can’t wait to see whatchya got!**




SHOE OF THE “WEAK”: From http://www.pretty-small-shoes.com/

Starshine - $195 + s&h + tax

No comments:

Post a Comment